During this time of crisis how we choose to react and what we do can define us and strengthen us! Below are some helpful steps that you can take to keep yourself and your team grounded, focused and looking towards the future.
- Clean that office! Purge your files and computer folders
- Storage / Stock Areas: clean, re-organize
- Do a physical hand count of all inventory and audit these amounts with your software
- Update or create new systems for front desk or any policies that are needed
- Update your website
- Shoot video tips that you post and share with your followers and your clients. This can drive people to you and stay engaged with you. You don’t want to go dark during this time. Here are some examples:
- How to cover your grey
- How to tutorials for kids to have fun such as how to do a zigzag part or how to braid their hair.
- Have a video to help single Dad’s to teach them how to do hair for their kids
- Videos on how to use different products This can drive people to you and stay engaged with you. You don’t want to go dark during this time.
- Get your finances in order and your budget updated
- Make a list of online education resources and offer them to your team
- Get every technician a mannequin head and tripod as you have on stock to take home and keep practicing
- Host Google Hangouts or use platforms like Zoom or Go To Meeting to have meet ups with your team at least twice a week. Meet for coffee in the morning and have a happy hour session one evening. Keep everyone connected and engaged!
- Create daily practices to keep you grounded (yoga, exercise, meditation, reading, etc)
- Re-connect with friends and have conversations
- Stay away from the news cycle as much as you can
- Take a nap
- Create a new diet for yourself to focus on health
- Start a blog for your followers and share a different topic each day or twice a week
It is up to us to fuel our soul with the things that we love in our life while sharing those gifts with our communities. We can grow together! The cream rises and the crap falls, it’s just a matter of what you want in your world!
We will move through this and grow the wiser! Let’s do this in honor of every medical professional and first responder and those who have lost their life. Let’s make each moment, each day, each interaction count!