The holiday season brings about busyness, the rush of additional clients and services and a high level of focus. While many salons and spas wait until January for a holiday or year end party there are little things you can do during this month to spread a little holiday cheer for the team. Here’s a few ideas to get you thinking.
- Get funny holiday cards that give a laugh while also giving you the chance to express your appreciation for their efforts.
- Give the team a care package. Buy holiday gift bags and fill them with their favorite snacks, drinks, sweets and such.
- Offer seated upper back, neck and shoulder massages twice during the season and add it to their schedule so it happens.
- Buy the team lunch once a week. Take a poll of their faves and have it delivered.
- Have a potluck and ugly sweater day! Better yet make it a contest for ugliest sweater and give top three prizes.
- Keep The Elf contest. Each time a team member sells retail they get the elf at their station. When someone else sells retail they come and take the elf. Whoever has the elf at the end of the day gets $25 dollars.
It doesn’t take much to do something to help take the edge off during this busy season. Make a plan and make the season that much merrier! Happy Holidays!