It’s early November and you are no doubt busy preparing your salon or spa for another awesome holiday season. Before you know it, 2017 will be here! Typically, many salon and spa owners don’t get around to planning for the new year until after the holiday season.
I do not recommend this!
Now is the time to start thinking about what your goals are for the coming year. It’s wise to block out time and review the year you are completing and begin to think about the year ahead. As a leader you need to be ahead of what is coming, not meeting it as it happens.
Here’s a few steps you can take to help prepare for next year right now:
- Block out one afternoon and be in a quiet, reflective place. No distractions!
- Gather your sales and cash flow results for this year and review what you have accomplished versus what your goal was. Ask yourself the what’s and why’s that led to the goal. Look ahead to determine any factors that will impact your sales goals for next year such as adding a new station, bringing in a new product line, promoting someone into a management position or stylists getting on the floor. From this, set your sales and financial goals.
- Think about each team member and assess how you want to support their growth
- Look at yourself and reflect on what you have learned this past year and what you want to work on.
- Look at your marketing & training plans to edit or enhance them based on the above information.
The above list is a great place to start! Take the time today to think about next year. Don’t wait until the new year has already begun and your fried from the holiday rush. You’re business and the people working in it are counting on you!